Friday, July 27, 2007

HAIR IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES!

While I've experienced the effects of aging somewhat gradually, there's one thing that makes me crazy--it's the little surprises that seem to sneak up on you when you least expect them. The other day, when I was trying to pluck my eye brows (which by the way now needs to be done with XXXXX magnification), I saw a long UGLY BLACK HAIR GROWING ON MY CHIN!!!! How did that happen ???? Where did it come from?????? Isn't it enough to be plagued with hot flashes, sleepless nights, and adolescent mood swings ?????? not to mention the insidious effects of gravity!

Having eliminated the above hair, I began to examine my face for other offensive growth and was relieved to see nothing more then some stray eyebrow hairs. Since then, I've noticed that hair is one of those things that seems to afflict others of this age group. Have you noticed how it sprouts from the ends of some men's noses??? How about those tufts resting inside the ear??? I now find myself running my hand under my chin looking for other offenders--what if I start sprouting hairs on my upper lip, or worse yet, what if those little sunspots turn into ugly hairy moles!

Further examination of my face made me cringe. When did those lines running upwards from my lips appear??????? If this gets any worse, it could soon look like I had pleats under my nose! The 'helpful' young girl at the lipstick counter recently noticed these lines and offered a new product for a mere $35.00 to solve the problem of 'bleeding' lipstick. I bought it right away, after all, how could I possibly risk having the lipstick run up to meet my nose?? As time marches on, I'm wondering what other surprises are in store. One of these days it would really be great to find a welcome surprise!

No comments: