Monday, January 28, 2008

Postcards from Palm Beach

We've been here for over a week now and I have to say that it's been pretty darn good.

Who could argue with weather that allows uso to go out without socks - or even a sweater! When we're here in Palm Beach it's heavenly; a total pampered experience the entire time. There's NOTHING not to like. But, it's a little 'other worldly' in some ways. One of the things I've discovered is that "Plastic is Perfect" and that's no lie! "Plastic is Perfect" is actually the name of a book that's being launched down here where having 'things done' is the norm. At the hairdresser this week, while waiting for the colour to work on my roots, the young women across from me gave me advice about the lines in my face letting me know that I wasn't too badly off--all I needed to look 10 years younger was an injection of "??????" and that would do the trick for about 6 months! Oh, I said! Is that all????? Well, she went on to say that I could have a slight neck adjustment with a new non-surgical treatment that she could personally vouch for, that would tighen up some of the slack! Did I ask for advice???? NO, it was freely offered. She was 45--could I guess her age she asked--did she look too tight she asked ? I told her I thought she looked very good but that I was 65 (just for fun) and my husband liked me just the way I was. She went on to say that it's never too late to make the most of what you have--after all, you never know with these men! All I have to say is that some of you may not recognize me when I get home!

No comments: