Sunday, March 02, 2008

Our comments on what we see and do

In response to absolutely no interest from anyone, I have decided to begin posting brief opinions of restaurants, books and theater to our blog. I began posting comments on books last year, and, to date, they have garnered absolutely no interest from anyone. Based on that experience, I am expanding to the two additional areas.

I have no especial knowledge or expertise in these areas - but do spend a substantial amount of time on them. I call the blogs "opinions", rather than reviews, because I am making no effort to be comprehensive, or fair - just opinionated. Today, there are exhaustive reviews of every possible subject online. You can't buy anything or use any service without being asked to "rate" it. I started blogging brief comments on books for myself - I often forgot I had read a book and buy it again; only to realize it after reading a few pages. I will try to provide a link to Amazon or Zagats or TimeOut NY or someone like Theater Mania for an additional perspective.

I thought some of you might be interested in seeing these comments because Chris and I probably spend more time researching what we want to see or do than most have the time or interest. I do books and restaurants. Chris does everything else - theater, travel, museums and esoterica. I will try to mitigate Chris' tendency to be excited about everything. While our tastes are NOT FASHIONABLE OR TRENDY, they are both eclectic and traditional.

We'll start this week. I look forward to your feedback on our feedback.

No comments: